IMPORTANT: This application requires access to a Cisco IP Interoperability and Collaboration System (IPICS) on which you have an account. If you are unsure whether your company provides you with access to Cisco IPICS, please contact your IT department.
Cisco® Instant Connect is used for two-way push-to-talk communications on Android™ devices using on premises enterprise push to talk IPICS servers. The Instant Connect application is perfect for connecting users with an instant push of a button over corporate Wi-Fi networks on-premises or off-premises networks (carrier networks).
• Call Assurance: If the Android device loses data connectivity, the device beeps or vibrates to indicate that the connection is lost. When data connection is restored, Cisco Instant Connect automatically reconnects to Cisco IPICS.
• Talker ID: Cisco Instant Connect has the ability to send and receive talker ID information, which provides a visual indication of who's communicating on a talk line.
• IPICS Dispatch Console: Cisco Instant Connect can communicate with the Cisco IPICS Dispatch Console, which is a Microsoft Windows™ application that allows dispatchers to talk and listen on up to 50 talk lines simultaneously.
• Low costs: Instead of paying a monthly service provider fee for onsite personnel, you deploy an on-premises solution can cost less. The savings from eliminating monthly fees quickly pay back the one-time capital investment. In addition, the Cisco solution is based on open standards, which eliminates the need to purchase, support, and manage proprietary solutions.
• High quality experience: Cisco instant Connect integrates with your existing Cisco Unified Communications and Collaboration services. Quality of service (QoS) and advanced voice codecs help to provide clear voice quality, even when the network is busy. Cisco Wireless Phone 7925G/7926G users can make push-to-talk calls, group push-to-talk calls, and regular phone calls from a single device.
• Scalability: Cisco instant Connect can support thousands of users. Managing a single system saves time and money compared to managing multiple service provider contracts, and the administrator privilege makes it easy to add and remove talk group users.
• Integrates with 2- Way Radios: The Cisco IPICS system can integrate mobile Android users with 2-Way Radio channels, which can reduce subscriber costs.
The Cisco® Instant Connect solution integrates Android devices with Land Mobile Radio (LMR) that connected to the Cisco routers in the data center. For more information about Cisco Instant Connect, visit http://www.cisco.com/go/IPICS.
• Cisco IPICS 4.8(1) or 4.8(2) server with at least one Cisco IPICS media server.
• Android OS 4.0.3 or higher.
• Mobile device with a Menu button.
The following phones have been tested and optimized for Cisco Instant Connect:
• Samsung Galaxy S® III
• Samsung Galaxy S4®
• Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro™
For audio to work, your network firewall must allow VoIP traffic between the Android device and the Cisco IPICS servers. For more information, see the product documentation available at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps7026/tsd_products_support_series_home.html.
• By using this application you agree with the terms of the Cisco IPICS end user license agreement (EULA).
• Cisco is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and certain other countries.
• Copyright © 2014 Cisco Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.