It includes vocabulary from all the main CLIL and International GCSE topics - from biology to economics and from IT to literature - to give you the confidence and support you need to learn in English, whatever the subject. Every word is explained in clear, simple English, along with all the grammar and usage information you need to use English correctly.
***This is a fully functional trial!***
The app contains the whole dictionary in a handy, searchable format, and many more features to help you find the words you need and develop your language skills.
• Up-to-date coverage of all the main CLIL and International GCSE topics helps students learn any subject using English, with clear definitions and all the help on grammar and usage that they need.
• Based on the Cambridge Learner's Dictionary Third edition, with special focus on collocation to improve fluency.
• Subject-related artwork helps students learn words more easily. Study pages focusing on potentially difficult areas such as numbers and letter writing, saving time by having all the information in one place.
• Study pages focusing on potentially difficult areas such as numbers and letter writing, saving time by having all the information in one place.
• Spoken pronunciations (audio version only) so that students don't have to struggle with the phonetic alphabet.
• SMART thesaurus, which turns the dictionary into a thesaurus at the click of a button.
• Suitable for CLIL-based teaching
A SEARCH TOOL
featuring search autocomplete to help you find words quickly by displaying predictions similar to the terms you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
• A quick search of words while you type.
• A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word.
• A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound words.
• A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
• Download dictionary definitions locally for offline word lookup.
A LEARNING TOOL
including a number of features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
• A 'Favorites' feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum words.
• History list to help you easily review looked-up words.
• Discover more using the included special language notes.
• See words in context with example sentences.
• 'Word-of-the-day' feature with dedicated homescreen widget.