This app uses the latest augmented reality technology to create floorplans in real time:
1. You just scan your surroundings with your device camera.
2. The 3D scanner only needs a few seconds to digitalize a room or a few minutes to modelize a large flat or a house.
3. Once the scanning done, you simply add measuring points to measure any distance, length, surface or area.
4. You can export the plan with all measurements in pdf format, in order to share it in one click.
With this AR tool, you no longer need a tape measure or a laser meter to measure your home, flat, garden, courtyard...
- you can measure in metric (meters, centimeters, square meters...) or imperial units (yards, feet, square feet, inches...)
- all calculations are done securely on your device, no internet connection is required
- the distances are measured horizontally
- the accuracy is not guaranteed
How does this fast measuring app work?
Your phone, smartphone or tablet is turned into a modelization and digitalization tool. It relies on ARCore by Google and AI / ML algorithms. Machine learning combines the device sensors data (accelerometer, gyroscope, LIDAR, depth ToF sensor…) with odometry which analyses in real time the video of the camera and relies on visual details of images, in order to scan the environment and find the position and rotation angle of the device. The 2D photo reconstruction is done with a 3D virtual model built with photogrammetry.
CamToPlan is the VR modeling app that brings your measures from cam…to…plan !
This app has infinite applications for everybody:
- Personal use: the length measure app for the handyman who loves DIY !
- Real estate professionals (real estate agent, interior design decorator or designer, architect, topographer...): this app will help you make a floor plan of a house, a specific room of an apartment...
- Construction workers can use it to quickly measure the floor : concreter, tile layer, carpet fitter, painter, drywall guy, plasterer, builder, carpenter, electrician, plumber, slater...
- For gardener, landscaper, swimming pool builders and maintenance, digger, earth-moving, navvy: this app also works outside
- Cost estimation professionals: this length measure app can make pricing estimates, it will be a great assistant for quantity surveyor, price studies technician…
- Building industry: foreman, site manager or engineer can drop their tape measure and ruler to perform a quick measurement check